It’s Springtime & Easter at the Disney Parks! What better way to spend spring break or the Easter holiday than at the Disney Parks. Yes, they will be crowded but there is a lot of fun and activities you and your family can participate in.
Walt Disney World
Magic Kingdom Park
- Meet Mr. & Mrs. Bunny at the Magic Kingdom. You can find them on Main Street U.S.A. at the Town Square Courtyard in the Bunny Lane Garden which is located next to City Hall. They will meet guests from 9:00 am until 6:00 pm through April 16, 2017.
- The Festival of Fantasy Parade will be performed twice daily until April 20 at 12:00 pm and 3:30 pm. The Easter pre-parade with the Azalea Trail Maids will be before Festival of Fantasy Parade on April 15 and 16 at 11:40 am and 3:10 pm.
- The Main Street Bakery will have a vanilla cupcake with vanilla buttercream, topped with an “Easter bonnet” sugar cookie sandwich, filled with jam, coated in white chocolate.
Egg-stravaganza returns to Epcot from March 1 to May 29 (or while supplies last). You can search for special Disney themed hidden “eggs” throughout the World Showcase. Once you find an egg, record your discoveries by placing the corresponding sticker on the specially themed map to represent that location. Eggs can be found indoors at the pavilion or somewhere outside. Keep your eyes peeled! Maps and stickers can be purchased for $5.99, plus tax at several retail locations. To participate, visit Pin Central – Future World, Disney Traders at the entrance to World Showcase, or World Traveler at International Gateway. And don’t forget to pick up your prize when you finish!
- New! The Cast Members from Disney Floral and Gifts will be onsite at Marketplace Co-Op April 14, 2017 through Easter Sunday, April 16, 2017 during normal operating hours. Loose floral bouquets will be available as well as custom Easter Basket building service. Guests are invited to shop throughout Disney Springs and bring their purchased items to the “Basketeers” who will design the baskets on stage, creating truly one-of-a-kind gifts!
- The Ganachery will have four flavors of foil-wrapped eggs, a salted caramel bunny pop and milk and dark chocolate Easter bunnies. They would be a great addition to your Easter basket!
Walt Disney World Resorts
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa and Disney’s Contemporary Resort will host a display of hand painted, carved, and decorated Easter Eggs created by Disney pastry chefs. The displays will be at the resorts until April 29.
- At the Contemporary Resort, the Contempo Cafe will offer two specialty cupcakes. A Carrot Cake Cupcake will be available until April 19 and on Easter Sunday a special Easter cupcake will also be available.
- And at the BoardWalk (near Epcot), the BoardWalk Bakery will have pink or blue bunny macarons from April 7 to 16.
- Easter church services will be held at at Disney’s Contemporary Resort in the Fantasia Ballroom on April 16, 2017. Keep in mind that parking at the Contemporary is only for resort guests and to allow enough time to use Disney transportation. The service times are:
- Catholic Mass – 8:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
- Protestant Service – 9:15 a.m.
Several Walt Disney World restaurants will offer special Easter breakfast and brunch buffets including Boma – Flavors of Africa at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, Cape May Cafe and Disney’s Beach Club Resort, Captain’s Grille at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, The Wave…of American Flavors at Disney’s Contemporary Resort and Trail’s End Restaurant.. Advanced Dining Reservations are highly recommended and can me made online or by calling 407-WDW-DINE.
- Easter treats will be available beginning March 17 at Candy Palace on Main Street, U.S.A., and Hunny Spot in Critter Country in Disneyland park; Trolley Treats in Disney California Adventure park; and Marceline’s Confectionery in the Downtown Disney District.
- At Candy Palace you’ll find the Disneyland Easter Eggs. These famous treats are hand-shaped by Disneyland Candy Makers. They are filled with house-made fudge then enrobed in milk chocolate. The eggs are offered in five flavors—Chocolate Cream, Chocolate-Nut, Vanilla-Nut, Black Walnut and Peanut Butter. They are available while supplies last.
Disneyland Resort Hotels
- Easter Classic Tea- Easter Classic Tea is available at Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel on weekends, March 31-April 2, April 7-9 and 14-16. Enjoy cherry blossom green tea and an assortment of scrumptious treats, like fresh-baked scones, mini cakes and tea sandwiches. Kid-friendly choices like bunny-shaped ham and cheese sandwiches will also be available.
- Easter Brunch & Buffets – Enjoy Easter Brunch with Disney friends at Storytellers Café at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa on April 16. Mickey and his pals will be at Disney’s PCH Grill at Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel for brunch as well. All dining reservations can be made online or by calling (714) 781-DINE.
- Easter Egg Hunt – On Easter Sunday, kids will be invited to participate in an Easter egg hunt! The Adventure Lawn at the Disneyland Hotel will host the hunt from 8 to 11 a.m. Space is limited so guests are encouraged to sign up with Hotel Guest Services.
Egg-stravaganza is back! This fun Eater egg/ scavenger hunt will take place from April 1-16, 2017, at Disneyland park, Disney California Adventure park, and Downtown Disney District. To participate in this year’s hunt, stop by select merchandise locations to get a map and stickers for $5.99 (plus tax). Eggs are hidden throughout each location and are themed to represent Disney and Pixar characters. Make sure to record your finds by placing the corresponding sticker on the themed Egg-stravaganza map to represent that location. Once you finish (or even if you don’t) stop by Elias & Co. at Disney California Adventure park; Disney Showcase in Disneyland park; World of Disney Store in the Downtown Disney District to pick up your egg-cellent prize!
Purchasing limits will apply, while supplies last. Please note discounts will apply this year. Separate admission is required to enter Disney theme parks. The experience is subject to restrictions and may change without notice.
For More Information
- A Disney Spring Break Survival Guide
- Springtime at Disney
- Epcot in Spring | 2017 Epcot Flower & Garden Festival
- Epcot’s Flower & Garden Festival