In this Blogorail Chat we are heading to the parks and making the most out of day. From tips to getting extra fastpasses to strategies to reduce stress we will be covering it all – let the discussion begin.
This Episode’s Show Hosts
Before You Get to Disney Property
- Know key dates:
- For WDW, if you are staying on property dining reservations can be made 180 days out and FastPass+ at 90 days out.
- For Disneyland, you can make all dining reservations 60 days in advance.
- Make dining reservations for ‘must-have’ or ‘hard-to’get’ restaurants. Allow for flexibility and be open to off times for harder to get restaurants.
- Review the park calendars or use a crowd calendar (like Touring Plans) to understand park hours and potential crowd levels. Disneyland updates the park calendars 6 weeks in advance and park hours can vary.
- Get to the parks at opening. The first couple of hours in the parks are the lightest crowds and you can get a lot of attractions in before the crowds build.
- Take the afternoon to relax. Peak hours in the parks are typically noon to 4 pm.
- Enjoy the experience of being in the parks. Take a moment to stop and look at the details.
- Set expectations. You may not get to do everything you want to or have things go as planned. Don’t let that ruin your vacation.
Take A Break
- Take the time to enjoy the resort. Swim in the pool or join an activity.
- Enjoy a sit down restaurant. Taking a long lunch in an air conditioned building can make all the difference.
- Find a seat to watch a parade or one of the many shows.
- If you have limited time you can try one of the VIP Experience packages.
- Group tour with accelerated access to a set number of attractions across all of the parks.
- Shows do not count towards FastPass limitations (i.e. Fantasmic, Frozen at the Hyperion, World of Color) so you can get all show FastPasses and still get ride passes throughout the day.
- You can get two FastPasses at one time by using rider swap. Each parent gets a separate ride FastPass and then rider swap to ride both rides.
- You can have FastPasses in California Adventure and Disneyland at the same time.
- Walt Disney World
- One you have scanned your Mickey Band at the FastPass+ entrance of a ride that FastPass+ has been released.
- You can immediately open your MyDisneyExperience app and move up remaining FastPasses or schedule a new FastPass.
- You will not be required to wait an hour until the next FastPass.
- Take a screen shot of your FastPasses and dining reservations just in case you cannot get wifi.
Tips for Avoiding the Infamous Cranky Toddler while at Disney and A look at the Disney VIP Tour – Ultimate Day at Epcot Food and Wine with Capturing Magical Memories