In this Blogorail Chat our getting excited for the Holidays and what that means at the parks. From decorations to parties to special entertainment, they will be covering it all – let the discussion begin.
This Episode’s Show Hosts
When Does it Begin
- Disneyland decorations are completely up by end of the second week of November.
- Walt Disney World officially begins the Holiday season the day after Thanksgiving but decorations begin appearing early November; especially in preparation for the first Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party on November 7th.
- Magic Kingdom Main Street is transformed into a winter wonderland complete with snow in the middle of Florida.
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, a hard ticket event, is held on select nights in November and December.
- Jungle Cruise takes on a whimsical tone as it it becomes the Jingle Cruise.
- Candlelight Procession a special guest narrator tells the biblical story of Christmas, accompanied by a full orchestra, the Voices of Liberty, the Disney Cast Member Choir and and a variety of choirs from across the country. It is a must do!
- Holidays around the World in Epcot World Showcase will let you experience traditions from the 11 World Showcase nations as costumed performers showcase these time-honored traditions.
- Christmas ride overlays: It’s a Small World Holiday, Haunted Mansion Holiday with It’s a Night Before Christmas and Jingle Cruise.
- A Christmas Fantasy Parade brings Santa, his reindeer and Disney Characters in their Holiday best to the Disneyland Park. Falling snow is always included.
- Experience the energy of a Latin American Christmas was the Viva Navidad celebration. It is held from November 10 to January 8 and includes special events, food and activities for everyone.
- Cars Land is also themed for the season with snow covered tires and whimsical car themed elements.
- Buena Vista Street Holiday Tree Lighting
- Each resort typically has a Christmas display. From gingerbread displays, to huge themed Christmas trees, to trains sets. There is something for everyone.
- Grand Floridian has a full size gingerbread house in the lobby and gingerbread shingles, kits and baskets are available purchase.
- Many of the resort lobbies will offer entertainment at night that is Holiday themed.